Feeling inspired from the latest stories from our "Brides of Blush"? We sure are! What we love about sharing these "Bridal Spotlights" is the chance to show prospective brides our stunning and diverse wedding gown selection as well as share real-life bridal journeys! Some brides come to us knowing exactly what they want, some need a little more help creating their vision. Wherever you're at on your wedding journey, Blush Bridal is here to bring you a little closer to your "gown-goals"
In this "Blush Bridal Spotlight", Shelbi Miller shares her own journey with us and we are IN LOVE with her perfect gown and sweet love story! Did we mention her GORGEOUS wedding venue and decor? Our brides have the best taste! Enjoy!
1. As a bride, you have several choices in the area to find your wedding gown. What brought you to Blush Bridal?
Blush Bridal was the first bridal store I went to when searching for my wedding dress. I knew I was going to be in town that weekend so I did my research on bridal stores in the area and made an appointment at Blush Bridal because of the wonderful reviews it had from other brides. I also loved that they were family owned & operated by a mother & daughter.
2. In a few words, can you tell us how you and your husband met?
Keith and I met in homeroom in 7th grade. We were always such great friends throughout high school but it wasn't until my sophomore year in college that we started dating. All of the time we spent together and memories we made in between led us to where we are today and I am so thankful he came back into my life when he did.
3. How did you know which dress was the one for you? I always pictured myself in a ball gown wedding dress but once I tried one on, I knew it wasn't for me. After trying on 7 dresses, Alissa brought me a beautiful lace fit and flare. I tried it on and immediately had tears in my eyes. It was absolutely perfect and I knew, in that moment, it was the one. The emotional response I received from my family when I walked out of the fitting room reassured that feeling and I knew I found my wedding dress. I got emotional every time I tried it on and I never wanted to take it off. It has been six months since the wedding and my mom and I refuse to bag it up and put it away because we still love to admire it.
4.What was your favorite part of the wedding? My favorite part of our wedding was our ceremony. The amount of love and happiness I felt when I saw Keith for the first time is truly indescribable. It was one of the best feelings I have ever experienced and one I will always remember, especially during trying times in our marriage.
5.Where was your wedding held? Our ceremony was held at Clark's Grove United Methodist Church in Paxinos and our reception was at The Barn at Mayberry Hill Farms in Danville.
6. What advice would you give brides as they are preparing for their wedding? Breathe and enjoy the planning process! Start planning early so that you can do a little bit at a time. The endless amount of details can be stressful but if you do miss something I promise your guests will never notice. All of the months of planning and preparation are so worth it. Everything will be beautiful and perfect because it is YOUR special day!
7. What words of wisdom would you pass onto brides for their wedding day? Give yourself enough time on your wedding day so you don't feel completely rushed. Make sure you eat even though the nerves in your stomach may be telling you otherwise. If something minor happens, know that you have plenty of people around you that are willing to help and support you. Enjoy every single moment of that day and take as much of it in as you can because it will be one of the fastest days of your life.